The Watamu Association is a resident’s association founded in 1994.
The Association is managed by an Executive Committee comprised of residents who take an active interest in the community and volunteer their time. Committee members have specific areas of interest and responsibilities. See The Committee for names and contact details.
The Association is funded by the subscriptions that it receives from annual membership (4,500/-) as well as by donations. Membership is open to all residents of the Watamu area.
OUR OBJECTIVES ARE:
- The Association shall be Non Political, Non Racial and Non Denominational.
- To protect and promote the interests of The Association, its Members and the residents of the Watamu Area.
- To protect the Biodiversity and Ecology of the Area and its sustainable use for the benefit of Kenya and the local communities.
- To support and promote measures enhancing the security of persons and property.
- To liaise and cooperate with other Associations and Organisations with similar objectives.
error: Content is protected !!